It seems rather fitting for me to start writing this post the day before I go on holiday. But there are other things I could be doing… Like packing, getting travel insurance, washing my brushes before I go away. It’s currently 11:25am and I haven’t had breakfast yet. Instead, I’ve chosen to write a post about packing some hand luggage essentials. You never know, it could be helpful for myself when I decide to actually pack!
So, at approximately 6pm tomorrow evening, I’ll be jetting off on a plane to Turkey. I’m not sure what it will be like, but I’m intrigued. The last time I went on a beach holiday was probably about 3 years ago. The last time I went on an all-inclusive holiday? Never. So, as you can tell, yes! I’m very excited! According to the web, the flight will take around 4 and a half hours. This leaves me with a lot of flexibility when packing. I’m going to be taking my trusty Superdry backpack because we get 20KG of hold capacity! Bargain!
Without further ado… Here’s what Hand Luggage Essentials usually come with me on the plane!…
- MoisturiserI don’t know about you, but over the years, it has come as a big pet peeve of mine to have dry skin. I can’t stand the feeling of it! But I love it when my skin is nice and fresh. Unfortunately, I don’t know why, but planes seem to have a habit of sucking moisture out of our skin. It’s probably something to do with being contained up in the sky. My old favourite is the Nivea Soft Moisturiser. It’s super soft and leaves your skin moisturised for ages, and you can grab it for £1! I’ve got loads of these lying around the house because I keep losing them. So, chances are I’ll probably lose it when packing and add another addition to the family.
- LaptopThis isn’t really an ‘essential’ as such, but I always bring my laptop everywhere with me. However, these days you can never trust airports. I’m not saying they’re going to steal it but there is a long history of them losing luggage. My uncle had some first-hand experience when we took a trip to Italy about 15 years ago. Luckily, our family live there so he had a backup plan, but I don’t think his clothes were ever recovered! I can’t bring myself to put my whole life into a suitcase that is going to get lost!
- CameraThis kind of applies to the last paragraph, too. But also, as you may be aware, I’m a vlogger who loves to film ALL her trips. So, there’s that one too!
- Magazines/BooksI’ve been on and off loving Cosmo recently, I’m not sure why, but I just love some of the stories in there, and I’ll be definitely grabbing one of these to keep me company when I’m up somewhere in the sky.A book I’ll be taking is Carl Fogarty’s The World According to Foggy. This is work related really. I landed a job not too long ago as a Digital Marketing Manager in the Motorbike industry. In my job, I went to meet Foggy at his book signing, where I obviously bought the book, and he had some funny stories to tell, so I look forward to reading it!
- SudokuThis is a personal favourite of mine – I can’t go abroad without a little puzzle book! In particular Sudoku for me!
t’s always good to have both currencies of both countries in your pocket – which also reminds me to go get some Euros! Or Lire!… I also LOVE to use my Monzo card, you can top it up on your phone, and it doesn’t incur any charges. You can use it anywhere in the world. It’s contactless, and it’s great! I recently used it in America and it changed my life!
- MakeupIf you’re a lady like me, it’s always nice to have a selection of cosmetics ready to top up when you need. I personally don’t really travel with a foundation as I like to apply moisturiser en route. So, I keep handy my mascara, eyeliner, and just a little bit of lip balm. All in a clear plastic bag ready for inspection!
Some other little things we can’t forget are:
- Glasses – personally
- Notebook & Pens
I can’t wait to go on my travels, stay tuned for a vlog on my channel where I’ll no doubt be sharing my journey!
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed reading this little snippet… Let me know if I’ve missed any off, or in general, any of your personal essentials which might come in handy for any future readers!